Frequently Asked Questions

How do I arrange to view a property?


We are usually available for viewings at short notice.  Please contact us to arrange a convenient time.  We never do viewings until the property is vacant.  We are available for daytime, evening and weekend viewings.

Are your properties furnished?


All our homes to rent are unfurnished allowing you to make your home your own.  However, we do have a small stock of furniture which we can include in the lease if required, subject to availability.

I have a dog. Do you allow pets?


We are happy to give a home for any well behaved four legged or feathered friends provided that they do not cause any damage to the property nor any nuisance.

What term of lease will you accept?


There are no minimum term leases in Scotland any more, so if your circumstances change you can vacate upon giving us 28 days written notice. Similarly, as there is no fixed term you have security until you chose to leave.

Do you need a rental deposit?


Yes, a deposit equal to one months rent is required. This is returned at the end of the lease less the cost of making good any damage. Any disagreement as to deductions from the deposit can be referred to independent arbitration.

How do I apply to rent one of your homes?


Please download and complete an application form and return it to us. We deal with all administration in setting up the lease, which is based on the new Scottish Government Model Tenancy.

Are there any fees to pay?


No, we do not charge any fees for setting up the lease (which is illegal in Scotland) nor do we charge any inventory or cleaning fees at the end of the lease.

How quickly can I move in?


We do not market or view any of our properties until they are vacant and ready to move into. The lease formalities can be completed within a few days by email so as soon as the deposit and first months rent has been paid, you can move in.

Can I make any changes to the property?


In order to keep the standards of our properties high, we do not allow tenants to make any changes to the property. We will consider any requests for changes to be made on an individual basis.

I am self employed, what references do you require?


We usually ask for a current or most recent employers reference and also a current landlord’s reference, but understand that these are not always available.  We will discuss your individual circumstances and agree a suitable alternative.

What if I require an auxiliary living aid for a disability?


Landlord’s are obliged to make reasonable adjustments for a tenant with a disability and to provide auxiliary living aids for tenants who have a disability and genuinely require the aid in order to live in the property.  Please let us know if you think you may require an auxillary aid.

Do you have any equestrian land available?


We have various paddocks that may be suitable for grazing horses and a seasonal grazing let may be available by separate negotiation.